For a business to succeed, it’s important to define the right roles and fill them with effective individuals who possess the necessary skills, training and experience to contribute to the company’s success. Likewise, for customer relationship management (CRM) success, it is crucial to define CRM roles that empower users with a CRM experience optimized for their organizational role.
CRM provides a business with a lot of integrated functionality to help it organize and manage customer information and deliver greater visibility on all of its customer interactions. Often times, attention is not paid to the specific roles, which results in information overload where users get too much information about everything instead of the specific information they need for their role – whether it besales, marketing, customer service or management.
In order to optimize your CRM, each of the following areas should be configured appropriately to deliver a role-based result. The whole idea is to create a more focused, productive and fluid userexperience.
- Role Security – Users should be set up with role-specific permissions and tasks. Most CRMs allow for field- and module-level security settings.
- Workflow Optimization – The CRM should be configured for each user to eliminate distractions, reduce unnecessary “clicks”, simplify navigation and make the workflow more intuitive and role-centric.
- Workflow Automation – Workflows should be automated to increase productivity and leverage the CRM to do the “heavy lifting” on scheduled or repetitive tasks, resulting in increased user efficiency.
- Templates– Templates should be created for users in different roles to help them deliver a quick and professional response that delivers on consistent messaging and company branding.
- Dashboards– Dashboards provide users with role-specific information at their fingertips. This information helps users to increase efficiency in their day-to-day functions by providing sales pipelines, call lists, pending customer service cases or other vital role-related information.
- Reports –No matter the role, each user needs to have reports that inform him/her of data analysis or outcomes specific to his/her role. Well-designed reports for management help deliver important business metrics to inform the vision and execution of business strategies.
By taking the time to alignand configure your CRM with your organizational roles in mind, your users’ experiences will be greatly enhanced, allowing users to be more productive and your business to be more profitable.
At Alycom Business Solutions, we have the expertise and experience to assist you in optimizing the CRM-user experience to deliver greater productivity and bottom-line results. We offer a variety of strategic and technical services to enhance your CRM experience and increase your return on investment (ROI). Our services include: business and technical consulting, IT professional services, third-party integrations and ongoing CRM training and support.
Contact us at www.makecustomersforlife.com or call (214) 228-2287 to learn how we can help your business achieve CRM success.